Friday, July 23, 2010

Uwajimaya Shopping Bag Entry

My entry for Uwajimaya's shopping bag contest! This took forever to finish up, I'm really proud of how it turned out. I'm not sure when the winner will be chosen, but first place gets their drawing on all Uwajimaya's reusable bags for sale at their 4 locations, & $1,000 worth of gift cards to the store.

The idea was to have 2 different characters from different time periods on each side, both thinking of a food item they were hungry for. And all items on the bag are available for purchase at Uwajimaya.



























(click thumbnails for much larger view)

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I work for Uwaji's and came across your blog. I just wanted to inform you that the lady in your design has her kimono wrapped backwards. Only the dead are supposed to wear their kimono that way. Other than that, your design looks awesome. I strongly suggest that you fix this issue and resubmit your entry.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, you are right! Thank you for pointing this out, I have redrawn her kimono and submitted my design again, I hope they accept it!

    ReplyDelete