Thursday, September 16, 2010

"Morea, Take 2" Finished

So I'm really bad with names and am just calling this piece, "Morea, Take 2." I like to do this with all my favorite characters, I'll draw them multiple times to see how close I can get to what I believe are their personalities. (Morea was the easiest since I created her!) I can't count how many times I've drawn and redrawn Fuschia from "Gormenghast," or Vegeta of "DragonBall Z."
















(click for larger view)

Grace's coloring on my first drawing inspired me to give another go at coloring in Photoshop. Previously I've really struggled with coloring on the computer, (I prefer Tria or Copic markers) so with this piece I sat down and purposefully tried to color it in a cell-shaded style, which is easiest for me. (not a lot of blending and smudging, just overlaying hard areas of color on top of one another in varying degrees of dark and light) All in all, I'm happy with how it turned out. I did have help with the flame skull from this tutorial:

"How to Create a Hellacious Flaming Skull in Photoshop"

(very much in the spirit of my favorite upcoming holiday, Halloween!)

No comments:

Post a Comment