Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bottle Cap Jewelry

























(click for larger view)
Adobe Illustrator CS5

These little icons were drawn in Illustrator and will go in my bottlecap buttons, rings and earrings. I like to make bottlecap jewelry in my spare time, and since I unfortunately didn't snag an artists' alley table at Sakura Con, (30 people ahead of me on the waiting list!!) these will be on my Etsy site and also sold in Scanlon Gallery in Ketchikan, Alaska. (my hometown)

Although you can buy blank, colored bottlecap tops in different colors just for craft projects or bottling, I like to collect mine from friends and family so each one has a different beer/soda label on the back. Below are a couple I've made so you can see what the finished product looks like:









































Each picture is cut out and then painted with 2 or 3 coats of modge podge and glued inside the bottlecap. Then I use clear resin to pour over the top creating a hard, waterproof plastic coating. Then you can either glue pins or ring bases to the back or drill small holes in them to make earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment