Friday, December 3, 2010

Slayers DSi
















Top














Bottom

























Inside
3B Pencil

For "Christmas" I bought my husband a white DSi from Target. (I say "Christmas," because we bought it together on the 23rd while Target was having their pre-Black Friday sale at a pretty low price). I still wanted to him to have something to unwrap on Christmas morning, though - so this series of sketches is going to be a DSi cover. The characters are from the anime "Slayers," an old school favorite of both of ours. So far I've found multiple companies that sell creative DSi skins, but finding one that lets you upload your own image is a bit harder. LeftSkins, ClingSkins and UniqueSkins I believe all let you upload your own image.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you! I've got the inks finished, and am working on the final, colored version right now. Will post it soon. :)

    (I'll also have photos of the DSi itself after Christmas)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is awesome. I can't wait to see the finished work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should start selling those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about that-how much would you be willing to pay for one? If I did a custom illustration for each person, it might be kinda expensive. But if I drew a certain number with popular characters and offered those up for sale, I guess that would keep the price down. (but then there's the downside of not getting to pick your own design)

    ReplyDelete