Monday, February 7, 2011

Business Cards

My mom recently asked me to redesign her business identity - she runs her own bookkeeping/tax business in Alaska - and so far this is what I've come up with:



















(click both images for larger view)
Adobe Illustrator CS5

























Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop CS5

I've always liked business cards with nothing but a full color photo printed on one side to showcase something pertinent to what the person does, or where they're located. This is a photo I took of a beach last summer about an hour from my parent's house in Alaska. The first design will reprint much easier, since it's all vector, but I do like the colors of the second one better. Perhaps if I made the first one in greens and blues instead...but I guess that is up to the client! (calling my mom "the client" sounds weird to me, hahahaa...)

Inspiration:
This photo stream by user "dailypoetics" over at Flickr is great for getting ideas, it's a collection of random, amazing business cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment