Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Street Fashion Character Artwork

























(click for larger view)
Character - Copic Multiliners 0.03 & 0.05/Tria markers
Background - Adobe Illustrator CS5

I posted the above drawing just a few days ago, but was extremely unhappy with how the scan came out. So last night, I scanned the original drawing back in, but instead of trying to mess with the levels on the background (which eventually just screwed up all the colors) I knocked the background out, and then drew it back in with Illustrator since it was just simple shapes. The result is MUCH closer to what my original looks like, and now something that I can make high-quality prints out of.



(click for larger view)
Character - Copic Multiliners 0.03 & 0.05/Tria markers
Background - Adobe Illustrator CS5

I may have posted this piece a long time ago, but now I can't remember... I did pretty much the same thing with it that I did with the above one. The original is completely traditional, (pen and marker) but the scanner was not picking up the background again. So I redrew the bg with Illustrator, making it match my original.

Both of these pieces will be available in my Etsy shop soon, so please check back!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment