Saturday, September 17, 2011

Japanese Street Fashion POP Art Show

I'm back in Ptown! And that means starting my new job as a full-time illustrator/designer as well as gearing up for my October art show which I need YOU to be a part of!


The poster pretty much sums it up-it will be an art show running the month of October with the opening reception Thursday the 6th at Cloud 7 Cafe. There will be original drawings, paintings and postcard-sized prints for sale. This will also be my first big, solo show and it will focus on Japanese street fashion including styles such as lolita, fairy~kei and decora.

If you have no idea what any of those are, come to the show and find out! Japanese fashion fascinates me as each separate style seems to be taken to the extreme, and can be completely over-the-top. If you want to get a taste of the fashion, "Tokyo Fashion's" tumblr does a great job of showcasing lots of these different styles.

Below is a small preview of some of the pieces in the show:







If you're down by Cloud 7 (901 NW 10th Ave) there's also posters in the windows, I hope to see you there opening night!! (and if you have friends who may be interested, please spread the word!)

No comments:

Post a Comment