Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cellphone Wallpapers

Husband and I purchased our first smartphones as Christmas gifts to another this past December; we both go the Samsung Galaxy S2. So I immediately sat down and made some fun wallpapers I'd like to share with everyone. Please feel free to take these to share and use!

Fixed wallpapers:


lock screen


main wallpaper
artwork c. imai kira
design by me

Scrolling wallpapers:


lock screen

main wallpaper
artwork and design by  me

With the Samsung Galaxy S2, you can either have your wallpaper scroll when you swipe the screen or stay fixed in one place.

How to install fixed wallpapers:

First, you have to get the wallpaper files onto your phone. There are multiple ways to do this, but the fastest I've found is to email them to yourself and then log into your email through your phone and download the file that way. Each file is pretty small so it shouldn't take too much time or space. (you can also connect your phone to the computer using a USB cord and transfer them that way)

To install the lock screen go to menu>settings>display>screen display>lock screen>wallpaper>gallery Then navigate to where you saved the image files. Tap the lockscreen image and then tap "save."

To install the main wallpaper go to menu>wallpaper>gallery and navigate to where you saved the image. Tap the main wallpaper image and select the icon on the right which looks like a single rectangle with a mountain in it. Tap "save." If your phone asks, "use as lock screen wallpaper too?" tap "no."

How to install scrolling wallpapers:

Installing a scrolling wallpaper uses the exact same steps, you just want to tap the icon that looks like 3 rectangles with a mountain behind it and then tap "save."

If you have any questions please leave a comment and let me know!

7 comments:

  1. Those are very cute.I love the Imai Kira ones,her art is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I absolutely love her linework, its so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! I cannot wait until I upgrade my phone and can use these :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, the scrolling wallpaper worked for me a couple of days ago but now it doesn't. I don't even see the option anymore under Gallery. It was just there! I'm referring to "the icon that looks like 3 rectangles with a mountain behind it." Any ideas? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ignore my previous comment. I just found out the new system update has removed the scrolling wallpaper option.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it did? I was unaware of that, thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete