Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hangry Angry + SakuraCon

Finally finished with this piece! I started this piece way back here, after SakuraCon in March. It was inspired by the Hangry Angry fashion show and the downtown Seattle area. (hence the fish stalls and Space Needle around the bottom.) My original intent was to color it with Copic markers, but I ended up drawing the lines traditionally, with Copic Multiliner pens, scanning it into the computer, and then coloring it with Adobe Photoshop.

the purple sweatshirt is designed by Gashicon, which I bought from her exhibitor booth at the con

close-up detail, face & headphones

close-up detail, shrimp & mackerel

close-up detail, sweatshirt print

The colors are very much inspired by the Japanese artist Hiroyuki Takahashi, his color palette is so vibrant I am loving his illustrations right now. Prints of this piece will be available in multiple sizes in my Society6 store, so please take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment