Sunday, November 23, 2014

Happy 30th Anniversary DragonBall!

This year is the 30th anniversary of DragonBall! QPop Gallery in LA is having a Toriyama retrospective show, filled with great fan art. It runs until 12/06 and if you are in the area I highly recommend checking it out! The main focus is DragonBall/DragonBall Z, but there will be pieces reflecting his other works (such as Dr. Slump and Chrono Trigger) as well.


Food and drink are one of my favorite things to draw (other than fashion characters) and like I mentioned in last week's post; getting boba tea at the Japantown mall is a favorite thing of mine to do while sketching on a Sunday afternoon. So this time, inspired by Enfu's (Ken Taya) food illustrations, I decided to illustrate my tea!


Green tea boba in Japantown - because real life reference is always the best.  :)


sketch - carmine prismacolor pencils

There is actually a step in-between these two, the black and white inked drawing, but I tend to forget to scan this in and go straight to coloring. I'm trying to be better at remembering to capture each stage!


finished piece - copic markers/acrylic paint

No comments:

Post a Comment