Sunday, November 16, 2014

Life Drawing in Japantown

On Sunday afternoons, I like to try and spend a couple hours doing some practice life-drawing. My favorite place to go and sit is in the Japantown mall in downtown San Francisco. They have a large open area in the mall with tables, chairs and benches (and boba tea!) where I can people watch and practice my life-drawing skills.


Japantown, San Francisco


L to R: Rilakkuma plush in the Playland Arcade, Son Goku figures in one of the mall toy shops, main street with 日本町 (Japantown) sign.


Counter at On The Bridge restaurant, full of plushies


week of 9/07


week of 9/14


week of 9/21

All drawings were done first in Carmine Red Prismacolor pencil, then defined with a regular 3B pencil. (I get a lot of practice drawing people sitting and playing on their phones!)

No comments:

Post a Comment