Saturday, April 25, 2015

Post SakuraCon Wrap-up (Sat & Sun)

Saturday
The majority of Saturday I spent wandering through the dealer's hall and artists' alley, hanging out with friends and watching AMV's in one of the panel rooms. I checked on my prints in the art show, people love business cards! Every single one of them had been taken from the box I attached to my grid.

H. Naoto's fashion show was also Saturday afternoon, he was showcasing his new Steampunk line, appropriately named "Steam." There was no way my little cell phone camera was going to accurately capture the show, so I just sat, watched and enjoyed it; knowing that professional photos would pop up later online. Zeze Photography has a great album from the show, which you can view here.

After the show, I hurried back to the hotel to change into my lolita coord for the Seattle community's meet-up. It was being held at Starbucks just up Pine Street. If you haven't been to this Starbucks, its the largest in the world, and the building itself is gorgeous. High ceilings, beautiful wooden timbers, and HUGE copper looking vats, I assume for roasting coffee beans. While the location was beautiful, I didn't stay too long, as I don't do very well in large groups of people. Plus, other customers (not in our group) were being rather rude, taking photos without asking, pointing iPads at us, obviously either recording or taking pictures.


Kill la Kill figure at the GoodSmile booth in the dealer's hall/Alex's adorable mini-moon cosplay


YukiYuna is a Hero display at the Aniplex booth


crazy intense guys playing in the groove 3

Sunday
Sunday was lolita fashion show day! We had to get up ridiculously early for the dress rehearsal, I was really dragging at this point. I decided to model an old-school Baby, the Stars Shine Bright coordinate in black and white with their Shirring Princess jumperskirt.


runway photo by Jason J. Kim Photography/close up shot of my accessories

After the show, a couple friends and I wandered through the con, just enjoying seeing all the cosplayers. Toshi Studios got a shot of us all in our lolita outfits, which I adore.


By the end of the day, it was time to break down the art show, head back to the hotel room and start packing. Thank you to everyone who visited the show, I ended up selling over half my prints!

See you next year, Sakura-Con!

1 comment:

  1. I truly love your website.. Pleasant colors & theme. Did you create this amazing
    site yourself? Please reply back as I'm attempting to
    create my very own website and want to find out where you got this
    from or exactly what the theme is called. Kudos!


    my site; home stagers

    ReplyDelete