Sunday, May 31, 2015

Fanime 2015

Over Memorial Day weekend I took the train down to San Jose to check out Fanime for my first time. A few friends were driving down from Portland to attend, so I decided to room with them and check out the con, and of course, its artist alley. (my favorite part of any con!)

Fanime is a 4 day anime convention held over May 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th. It takes place in San Jose, CA at the McEnery Convention Center, in the middle of downtown.


McEnery Convention Center main entrance


cosplayer/convention center courtyard sculpture


fashion show panel featuring Reinhart Fuchs/Crunchyroll industry panel


prints by illustrator Rose Besch/Fanime loot!


entrance of dealer's hall


Omocat's booth in dealer's hall

The dealer's hall was pretty typical of an anime convention dealer hall - a lot of the same companies attend Fanime as SakuraCon, so I recognized several booths. (I had a bit of deja vu at one moment, it was so similar to Sakura Con's dealer's hall, both in size and layout).

It was the artist alley that blew me away though! The quality of artists overall was amazing, so many talented people, I spent a good 2 hours just wandering through, browsing. It was also one of the largest AA's I'd been to. I was able to meet one of my favorite artists, who I've been following online for a good 10 years. Her name is Rose Besch, she goes by the handle of Barachan - check out her work! She lives on the east coast so I felt very lucky to catch her at a west coast convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment